There are a few ways to tell if you are hiring a good security guard for your security needs:
1. A good security guard is always on time or gets to the location early to make sure that client feels safe and to familiarize himself/herself with the location.
2. A good security guard has the training to accomplish his/her security tasks.
3. A good security guard has great communication skills.
4. A good security guard can de-escalate any tense situation.
5. A good security guard can tell when a problem is about to happen and stop it before it does. A good security guard is always alert and aware of his surroundings
6. A good security guard can multitask.
7. A good security guard can either be the person to give orders or knows when to take orders and follow them.
8. A good security guard is a visual deterrent against crimes.
9. A good security guard is respectful of others.
10. A good security guard is flexible to do any kind of security position needed.
11. A good security guard always looks sharp.
12. A good security guard doesn’t resort to weapons or physically restraining unless absolutely necessary.
13. A good security guard receives up to date training on the latest security techniques.
14. A good security guard know the saying Honesty is the Best Policy and follows it.
15. A good security guard is self motivated.
16. A good security guard maintains professional integrity, and knows how to write a professional report.
17. A good security guard represents the company and client to the highest standard.
Also a good security guard has to have the right equipment to do the best job he/she can to protect the clients and the clients property. Such as:
1. A good Flashlight
2. Great pair boots or shoes so that they can patrol the building or property.
3. A high-visible uniform(whatever kind of uniform the client wants) so that they stand out among a crowd and is comfortable so the guard can move fast if need arises.
4. A handgun and gun belt(for those armed positions). The guard has to have extensive handgun training to be able to carry a handgun.
5. A two-way radio and/or cell phone to be able to keep in contact with their supervisors and the clients.
Security is a dangerous field. Whenever they’re on patrol they have the potential to be in danger. After all, they’re there to protect something of value, the client and their property. Intruders, assailants, and troublemakers are common. Unfortunately, workplace injuries and even deaths are fairly common.
Here at Sparks Protection we strive to be the best we can be in the security field. Please consider us as your next security company. Call today for more information. 614-975-4618